My Easy Low-Fodmap Dinner
Life is busy. As an owner of my own business, I hardly have time to make intricate dishes that take both labor and time. Here is an example of something I eat on a daily basis to keep my mind and body satisfied. It consists of protein, carbohydrate, healthy fats, and lots of veggies. More specifically, notice my plate is 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch, and 1/2 veggies. As many of my clients know, I put a huge emphasis on balance in not only lifestyle and eating habits, but meals, too! This is ideally what one's plate should always look like. Tonight I made lemon shrimp with spinach, steamed broccoli, and paprika "potato chips." This is not only generally healthful, but FODMAP Elimination Diet-friendly.
A few cups of shrimp (around 30 pc) peeled and deveined (tails off)
Lemon zest, about 1/2 lemon
Lemon juice, 1/4 lemon
Dash of paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
1 tbsp butter or non-dairy butter spread (I used Earth Balance)
1. In a skillet (I don't prefer non-stick), heat up the olive oil on medium-to-medium-high heat.
2. Throw in the shrimp, paprika, and lemon zest. Sauté for two min until the shrimp starts to turn pink.
3. Add lemon zest and butter. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes until shrimp is a little browned.
My friends and family love my easy "potato chips," so I'm going to share the recipe with you, as well :)
Serves 2-3 people
2 Idaho potatoes (the ones used for french fries)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. While oven is preheating, cut the potatoes horizontally like potato chips. These will not be crisp but not as crunchy and thin as actual potato chips. They have some softness to them. Cut the chips about 1/2-3/4 thickness of your pinky finger.
3. Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a large baking sheet. Layer the potatoes down, no overlapping.
4. Drizzle olive oil on top of the potatoes.
5. Lightly season all the potatoes with paprika and salt. There should be a little less than a foot between your hand/seasoning and the potatoes while sprinkling. Lightly season with pepper.
Feel free to liberally salt the potatoes. Potatoes absorb a lot of seasoning.
This will serve 4-5 people as a side dish. Enjoy! :)