These pictures do not do the soup justice, it was delicious! This recipe is vegan-friendly but will appeal to the masses. It's thick and creamy and perfect for a fall day. Cauliflower is a good source of many vitamins and minerals, including dietary fiber, vit C, vit K, Potassium, and folate. The recipe also includes pinto beans and cashews which are great sources of dietary fiber and healthy fats, respectively. You can also make it with chicken broth and topped with parmesan, if meat and/or dairy are typically in your diet.
1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
5 leaks, thinly sliced, the white part only
2 cloves of garlic, minced
7 cups of vegetable broth
1 can of pinto beans, drained
Salt to taste
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large pot, heat up the EVOO with a medium flame. Add in the garlic and leaks and sauté for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the cauliflower and sauté for another 4 minutes.
3. Add in the broth, bring to a boil, then let simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft. Remove heat, and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the pinto beans and cashews, and let sit for another 5 minutes.
5. Blend the soup in batches until all the soup is blended and creamy.
6. Season with salt to taste.
Feel free to top with parmesan, chives, or dill (to taste)!
This made about 13-14 cups, or 4-5 bowls. Enjoy:)